Show Off Your Apps Challenge from NLM
The NLM Show Off Your Apps: Innovative Uses of NLM Information Challenge is an initiative of the National Library of Medicine (NLM), of the National Institutes of Health, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. This Challenge is open to individuals, teams of individuals, and organizations. The purpose of this contest is to develop innovative software applications to further NLM’s mission of aiding the dissemination and exchange of scientific and other information pertinent to medicine and public health. Eligible software applications must make use of NLM’s vast collection of biomedical data including downloadable data sets, APIs (application programming interfaces), and/or software tools.
• Quality and Accuracy (data are presented accurately)
• Impact on Potential Users (data presented clearly to target audience)
• Usability (operation of program requires minimal training and has the potential for repeated, regular use)
• Innovative Design (creativity and originality of concept)
• Platform Neutrality (operates on major web browsers, systems, and mobile devices)
• Extensibility (potential for further development)
• Alignment with Section 508 Accessibility Guidelines (see standards at: http://www.section508.gov/)
For full details visit: http://challenge.gov/NIH/132-nlm-show-off-your-apps-innovative-uses-of-nlm-information
Get started today! All Submissions must be available for evaluation by August 31, 2011 at 11:59 PM ET for judging purposes.
Winners will be honored at an NLM awards presentation in Bethesda, MD on November 2, 2011.