NLM Funding: AIDS Community Information Outreach Program
The National Library of Medicine (NLM) announces the solicitation of quotations from organizations and libraries to design and conduct projects that will improve access to HIV/AIDS related health information for patients, the affected community, and their caregivers.
Standard Awards are offered for up to $60,000; Express Awards are offered for up to $10,000.
Projects must involve one or more of the following information access categories:
- Information retrieval
- Skills development
- State-of-the-art resources
- Resource development
- Document access
Emphasis is placed upon the following types of organizations or arrangements for developing these programs:
- Community-based organizations (CBOs) or patient advocacy groups currently providing HIV/AIDS related serves to the affected community
- Public libraries serving communities in the provision of HIV/AIDS-related information and resources
- Health departments or other local, municipal, or state agencies working to improve public health
- Faith-based organizations currently providing HIV/AIDS-related services
- Multi-type consortia of the above-listed organizations that may be in existence or formed specifically for this project.
Quotations are due to NLM on Monday, June 16, 2008.
To view the full announcement: http://www.sis.nlm.nih.gov/hiv/2008aidsrfq.html
Previous award recipients from the SCR include:
Camino de Vida Center for HIV Services (Las Cruces, NM)
Center for AIDS Information & Advocacy (Houston, TX)
Houston Academy of Medicine-Texas Medical Center Library (Houston, TX)
Huston-Tillotson University (Ausitn, TX)
Planned Parenthood Center of El Paso-Helen Gillette Library Resource Expansion Program (El Paso, TX)
University of New Mexico Health Science Center Department of Internal Medicine (Albuquerque, NM)
University of New Mexico (Arroyo Seco, NM)
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (San Antonio, TX0
YWCA of Northwest Louisiana (Shreveport, LA)
To view a complete list of previous recipients: http://www.sis.nlm.nih.gov/outreach/aids_cio_projects.html