Outreach and Evaluation Coordinator – NN/LM South Central Region
The Texas Medical Center (TMC) Library is a major research library serving Texas Medical Center researchers, clinicians and students, including two major medical schools and over 20 member institutions. The Library is also the Regional Medical Library for the National Network of Libraries of Medicine South Central Region, with responsibility for providing health information to health professionals and consumers in the five state region of Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas.
The Evaluation Coordinator coordinates the evaluation and needs assessments programs for the NN/LM SCR.
- Assists in the development of comprehensive evaluation plans for the NN/LM SCR and Network members
- Identifies ways to measure and communicate the effectiveness, contribution, and value of NN/LM SCR information outreach services
- Collects, analyzes and communicates assessment findings to assist the NN/LM SCR and Network members in adopting data-driven approaches to planning and decision-making
- Develops innovative assessment and communication strategies and activities that highlight and raise the profile of Network members
- Administers usability testing, questionnaires, focus groups, and other assessment tools to measure the effectiveness of information outreach projects and services in meeting the teaching, learning, and research needs of target audiences
- Maintains expertise in assessment methods, techniques, and best practices through ongoing professional development
- Develops course curricula, content and resources and conducts workshops on assessment and NLM resources
- Exhibits at national and regional conferences to promote NLM databases, the NN/LM and NN/LM SCR services
- Serves as a state liaison to develop working relationships with Network members
- Monitors subcontracts, evaluates quarterly reports and provides feedback to subawardees, NLM and the NN/LM SCR
- Participates in monthly NLM teleconferences
- Assesses regional educational and information needs and assists with the development of programs
- Assists in the development and promotion of NN/LM SCR funding opportunities and aides potential applicants with the proposal process
Education and Experience – A master’s degree in library and information science from an ALA-accredited school. Demonstrated teaching and training experience. Experience using NLM resources. Minimum of two years professional health sciences library experience preferred.
$45,000–$50,000 annual salary. This position is a NN/LM/National Institutes of Health–funded position with funding confirmed through April 2016. Will be extended beyond April 30, 2016, pending successful renewal of grant. The TMC Library offers a complete benefits package which includes health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, the library provides paid holidays, vacation accrual, an exceptional retirement plan, and a monthly transportation subsidy. Email Elizabeth Herrera. The TMC Library is an equal opportunity employer.
Usual Environment – Typical office environment with telephones and background noises. Regular national travel required. May need to work irregular hours to meet deadlines or special assignments.
The TMC Library offers a complete benefits package which includes health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, the Library provides paid holidays, vacation accrual, an exceptional retirement plan, and a monthly transportation subsidy.
Please fax or email CV or Resume to:
Elizabeth Herrera, Human Resources Manager