These links will direct you to tools and materials to help you do your work.
Table of Contents
- Citing Medicine: The NLM Style Guide for Authors, Editors, and Publishers
- Medical Subject Headings (MeSH) - NLM's controlled subject vocabulary used for indexing and cataloging.
- NLM Databases & Electronic Resources
- NLM Fact Sheets - provides background information on NLM policies and services
- NLM FAQs - provides answers to common questions about consumer health, MEDLINE and other databases, DOCLINE, and NCBI sequence databases
- NLM's For Librarians page
- Electronic Journals and Public Access: Changes in Scholarly Communication
- Hospital Library Promotion Toolkit from the NN/LM NER
- Library LinkOut Survival Guide - an overview from NN/LM on setting up LinkOut for Libraries
- NN/LM Trifold Search Guides - you can print PDF search guides for
- Online Cost Benefit and ROI Calculator - developed by the NN/LM MCR to help a library demonstrate the value of each dollar spent on the library and to determine return on investment.
- Online Valuing Library Services Calculator - developed by the NN/LM MCR to calculate replacement costs of library services on the retail market.
- Presentations and Handouts - provide links to presentations and handouts created by the regional office staff
Standards and Guidelines
- Basic Library Management Resources - designed as an overview for new health science or hospital library managers, including "First Steps for New Medical Librarians", JCAHO, collection development, library committees, etc.
- Partners in Information Access for the Public Health Workforce - tools and resources you can use when working with public health professionals