Express Outreach Award Proposals Now Being Accepted!
We are pleased to announce the availability of the Request for Proposals (RFP) for our popular Express Outreach/Training/Technology Award funding program for 2014-2015! For the next contract year (May 1, 2014 – April 30, 2015), we intend to fund four awards, at a maximum amount of $9,000 each. The complete details, along with a link to the application form, are now available on the NN/LM PSR web site. Proposals received by March 21, 2014, will receive top priority consideration.
We are especially interested in funding proposals emphasizing the following areas:
- Development of culturally and linguistically appropriate resources
- Outreach to minority health practitioners and students
- Outreach to special populations
- Improving access to electronic consumer health information
- Projects that support innovative ideas on new roles for the information professional in the health care setting
- Programs to promote MedlinePlus Connect
- Programs with Regional Extension Centers
- Community emergency preparedness collaborations
- Pilot projects promoting the roles of libraries in institutions with Clinical and Translational Science Awards (CTSAs)
- Pilot projects promoting the roles of libraries in e-science initiatives
All projects must be completed, with final reports and invoices submitted, by April 30, 2015. Indirect costs are not accepted on project budgets, to allow the entire award to be devoted to direct project costs. The next Midday at the Oasis webinar, on February 19, 2014, will feature presentations describing the funding process and summarizing previous Express Outreach Award projects, with special guest speakers describing their unique funding experiences.
As always, feel free to write or call to discuss potential project ideas, or to ask questions about the award program. We look forward to seeing your proposals!