Express Outreach Award Proposals Now Being Accepted!
We are pleased to announce the continuation of our popular Express Outreach Award funding program for 2011-2016. For Contract Year 1 (May 1, 2011 – April 30, 2012), we intend to fund up to five awards ranging from $2,000 to $10,000 each. The complete details, along with a link to the application form, are now available at http://nnlm.gov/psr/funding/eoa/. Proposals received by June 30, 2011, will receive top priority consideration.
We are especially interested in funding proposals emphasizing the following areas:
- Development of culturally and linguistically appropriate resources
- Outreach to minority health practitioners and students
- Outreach to special populations
- Improving access to electronic consumer health information
- Projects that support innovative ideas on new roles for the information professional in the health care setting
- Programs to promote MedlinePlus Connect
- Programs with Regional Extension Centers
- Community emergency preparedness collaborations
- Pilot projects promoting the roles of libraries in institutions with Clinical and Translational Science Awards (CTSAs)
- Pilot projects promoting the roles of libraries in e-science initiatives
All projects must be completed, with final reports and invoices submitted, by March 31, 2012. Indirect costs will no longer be accepted on project budgets, to allow the entire award to be devoted to direct project costs!
The upcoming Midday at the Oasis will include presentations by Alan Carr describing the Express Outreach Award funding details and application, Lori Tagawa summarizing previous Express Outreach Award outreach projects, and special guest speakers describing their funding experiences. If you plan to attend, please register online!
As always, feel free to write or call to discuss potential project ideas, or to ask questions about the award program. We will be looking forward to seeing your proposals!