August 11 Repeat of PubMed Redesign Presentation of MLA 2009
Our August “Midday at the Oasis” will be held on Tuesday, August 11 at 11:30 AM (PT), 8:30 AM (HT). We are making an exception to the usual Midday schedule in order to reprise David Gillikin’s 2009 MLA presentation—a preview of the upcoming PubMed redesign.
For those of you who did not make it to Honolulu, or did make it to Honolulu but did not get up in time for this 6:30 AM session, this short seminar will review the draft design for the new search results page and abstract view. We’ll have plenty of time to talk to David following his presentation, so please be ready to comment on what you see and to ask questions about future plans for PubMed’s interface and functionality.
David Gillikin is Chief of Bibliographic Services at the Division of Library Operations, National Library of Medicine. NLM’s Bibliographic Services Division, which includes the Index and MEDLARS Management Sections, produces the MEDLINE database, provides indexing and journal selection oversight for MEDLINE, and promotes NLM products and services.
Join us in August for this NLM Update (which will also include the MidContinental and Pacific Northwest Regions):
- Go to https://webmeeting.nih.gov/nlmupdate/
- Choose “Enter as a Guest” and type your first and last name.
- Follow instructions in the meeting room to have Adobe Connect call your phone or call 1-866-846-3997 and enter the participant code 493731 when prompted.
Please join us again in September on the 3rd Wednesday of the month at 1 PM (PT) for presentations by Julie Kwan and Sharon Dennis:
- e-Licensing: A Regional Update
- Surprised by Twitter: Using Twitter for Information Discovery
Take a break from the heat of the day and join us for some cool presentations!