Announcing "Health e-Shows" – a Series of Webcasts by Kelli Ham in Collaboration with Infopeople.org
We are pleased to announce “Health e-Shows”, a new webcast series developed by Kelli Ham, NN/LM PSR Consumer Health Coordinator, in collaboration with Infopeople. Kelli will be presenting consumer health topics every other month that will be timely and relevant for anyone who provides health information to patients or the public. October 22nd marks the launch of the series with the webcast “A Younger Generation of Older Adults: Health Information for Boomers”. Please join us if you can!
Eight webcasts are planned over the next year with the following topics:
- A Younger Generation of Older Adults: Health Information for Boomers (October 22, 2007)
- Communicating about Health: Empowering Patrons to Communicate with Their Health Care Providers (December 3, 2007)
- An In-depth Look at MedlinePlus (February 19, 2008)
- Beyond MedlinePlus: Resources That Answer Those Other Tough Health Reference Questions (April 10, 2008)
- I Don’t Give Medical Advice; I Dispense Quality Health Information (date TBA)
- Understanding Health Literacy: Why It Is So Important and What Librarians Can Do to Help (date TBA)
- Health Information for Kids and Teens and Seniors, Oh My! (date TBA)
- Finding Easy-to-Read and Multilingual Health Information for Your Patrons (date TBA)
Note: Infopeople’s funding limits attendance at live webcasts to anyone in the California library community. If you are outside California, the archived version will be available the day following the webcast.
For more information on this webcast or the Health e-Shows series, please visit the following website: http://infopeople.org/training/webcasts/webcast_data/227/index.html.