Membership Renewal: 2006-2011
It’s time to renew your library’s membership in the National Network of Libraries of Medicine! Our new contract with the National Library of Medicine extends from June 2006 through April 2011. We value your contributions to the network and want your contributions to continue! Please renew your membership by September 12, 2006. There are two ways to renew your membership – one for DOCLINE libraries, i.e., Full Members, and one for all others, i.e., Affiliate Members.
DOCLINE libraries are Full Members in the National Network of Libraries of Medicine. You will start by updating your DOCLINE institution record. To do this, log onto your DOCLINE account, click on Institutions tab, then click on the update button. You may wish to print a copy of your DOCLINE institution record; this is especially useful when more than one person needs to review the information.
Pay close attention to the following:
- Are the addresses correct?
- Is your county listed?
- Is there a main phone number in the Institutional Address?
- Is the information typed in both upper and lower case? (Note: all capitals do not display well in directories such as the MedlinePlus consumer health library directory.)
- Are the names, titles, email addresses, and phone and fax numbers correct?
- Please delete the names of any individuals no longer associated with your library.
- Make sure that you have designated someone as NN/LM Liaison.
Services and Fees tab
- Click on Other Services
- Do you want your library listed in MedlinePlus?
- Do you offer services to affiliated personnel? If so, please check the boxes for the services offered and check the box if you charge for the service.
- Do you offer services to unaffiliated health personnel? If so, please check the boxes for the services offered and check the box if you charge for the service.
- Do you offer services to the general public? If so, please check the boxes for the services offered and check the box if you charge for the service.
Membership Renewal Application (DOCLINE Libraries)
Fill out the Membership Renewal Application to let us know that you have updated your DOCLINE institutional record and to give us the name you want printed on your membership certificate. Please add any names and email addresses of any staff you would like to have added to the PSR-News announcement list.
(Optional) Check out your map in the NN/LM Members Directory
- Go to the NN/LM Members Directory at: http://nnlm.gov/members/adv.html. Search for your library or information organization’s directory record. You may find it easiest to search by city or county. Click on the Search button at the bottom of the screen.
- Find your library or information organization in the results display. Click on Get Map. Does the map show the correct location? If not, please email Marco Tamase at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: We have learned that Internet Explorer may not be able to pull up the maps. We can double check the map for you with Firefox. Let us know if you would like us to do this.
All member libraries and information organizations that do not participate in DOCLINE have Affiliate Member status. We would like you to verify your contact information in the NN/LM Members Directory. We ask that you:
- Go to the NN/LM Members Directory at: http://nnlm.gov/members/adv.html.
- Search for your library or information organization’s directory record. You may find it easiest to search by city or county. Click on the Search button at the bottom of the screen.
- Select your library or information organization from the results display. Click on Library Profile.
- Print a copy of the record.
- Check the institution name and address; is this information correct?
- Click on map; does the map show the correct location?
- Check the Contacts section; are the names, titles, email addresses, and phone and fax numbers correct?
- The directory is currently being redesigned; there is no need to comment on other information in the directory.
- Please write any corrections on the sheet.
- Print your name on the sheet. Include your email address and telephone number if they are not included in the Contacts section.
- Fax the record back to us at 310-825-5389. This fax serves as your application for membership renewal.
Call us at 800-338-7657 if you have any questions! Thank you for your help!