Western MLA Chapters Meeting — Early Registration Ends 9/15
The early registration deadline for the Western MLA Chapters 2006 Annual Meeting is fast approaching! Your registration needs to be postmarked on or before September 15 to take advantage of the discounted fees.
Missions and Mountains: Believe and Achieve will be held October 14-17, 2006 at the Red Lion Hotel, located in the heart of downtown Seattle.
SUNDAY NIGHT WELCOME DINNER
Our welcome reception/dinner will be extra special this year, since OVID is sponsoring both a reception and a dinner for all attendees. The reception/dinner will be held in the Red Lion’s Terrace Garden Restaurant and will feature the Emmanuel delo Casal Jazz Trio. The event is scheduled for Sunday, 15 October, from 5:00pm to 9:00pm. So drop your bags in the hotel and come on down to greet friends and enjoy the party.
ANNUAL MEETING BANQUET
We are delighted to announce that First Consult has graciously agreed to sponsor the Western Chapters 2006 Annual Meeting Banquet. The banquet will be Monday, 16 October at the Red Lion Inn in Seattle and open to all attendees. What does this mean to you? If you had already paid for a banquet ticket, you will receive a full refund. If you have already registered for the conference and would now like to attend the banquet, please contact Leilani St. Anna at email@example.com. We still need to get an accurate count for the banquet, so please indicate your plans to attend on the registration form.
Thank you very much to First Consult for making it possible for all to attend the Banquet at no extra cost!
The conference will include:
- How Medical Librarians Can Make America Healthy Again (Stephen Bezruchka, M.D.)
- Reflections on Banda Aceh: Natural Disasters and Public Health (Mark Oberle, M.D.)
- Transforming Services to Communities through Technology (Jaime Greene)
- Medicine’s Eastern Frontier: Dr. Grant of Kurdistan , 1835-44 (Gordon Taylor)
- Media Panel Discussion
- Three Presented Paper Sessions
- One Presented Poster Session
- Roundtable discussions with your colleagues
- RML and MLA Updates
- Breakfast, Lunch and Breaks on Monday and Tuesday
- The opportunity to sign up for seven CE classes
Register NOW: Meeting information, a list of continuing education opportunities and the registration form can all be found at: http://www.pncmla.org/.
We look forward to seeing you in Seattle!
Questions? Contact either of the program co-chairs:
- Gail Kouame (firstname.lastname@example.org, 206-221-3449) and
- Lisa Oberg (email@example.com, 206-543-7492)
Pamela M. Corley, Publicity
Western MLA Chapters Meeting