Major New Versions of the REMM Web Site and Mobile REMM App Released!
New on REMM, April, 2014:
- Key changes are noted below.
- Many more updates and changes appear throughout REMM.
- Managing Acute Radiation Syndrome (ARS): Interactive tool: completely redesigned, with clinical assessments, treatment suggestions, suggestion for referral venues
- Top 10 Items for Radiation Emergencies: new page
- How to Perform a Radiation Survey
- Target Levels for Decontamination of People
- Biodosimetry Bibliography: new page, improved navigation, many new references
- Radiation Units and Conversions: new interactive tools for unit conversions
- Understanding Radiation: new videos incorporated and new sections
- Radiological Dispersal Device: new guidance about safety and response perimeters
- Training and Education: new offerings from several US agencies
- Multimedia Library: new elements in many sections
- Emergency Contacts: updated for many US government agencies
- REMM bibliography: many new entries
New on Mobile REMM, April 2014, App Version 2.0.1:
- App has been completely redesigned for easier use and faster navigation
- Dose Estimator: faster data entry for vomiting and lymphocyte depletion kinetics tools
- New tools from REMM now available on Mobile REMM
- Scarce Resources for Interactive Triage Tool for Use after IND Detonation
- SALT triage system for radiation emergencies
- Updated emergency contact information
- Mobile platform compatibility updated
- iPhone and Androids compatibility remains up to date.
- Newer BlackBerry operating system, BlackBerry 10, is now supported; but older ones (BlackBerry 7 OS and earlier) are not.
The REMM Team strongly suggests updating any versions of REMM previously downloaded to computers, USB drives, or mobile devices.