NLM’s Emergency Access Initiative Activated for the Philippines
The National Library of Medicine announces the activation of the Emergency Access Initiative (EAI) in support of medical efforts in the Philippines and surrounding areas following the devastating typhoon. The EAI is a collaborative partnership between NLM and participating publishers to provide free access to full-text articles from over 650 biomedical serial titles and over 4,000 reference books and online databases to healthcare professionals and libraries affected by disasters.
The EAI serves as a temporary collection replacement and/or supplement for libraries affected by disasters that need to continue to serve medical staff and affiliated users. It is also intended for medical personnel responding to the specified disaster. EAI is not an open access collection; it is only intended for those affected by the disaster or assisting the affected population. If your library is working with a library or organization involved in relief efforts in the Philippines or other affected areas, please let them know of this service.
NLM thanks the participating publishers for their generous support of this initiative: American Academy of Pediatrics, American Association for the Advancement of Science, American Chemical Society, American College of Physicians, American Medical Association, American Society of Health-Systems Pharmacists, ASM Press, B.C. Decker, BMJ, EBSCOHost, Elsevier, FA Davis, Mary Ann Liebert, Massachusetts Medical Society, McGraw-Hill, Merck Publishing, Oxford University Press, People’s Medical Publishing House, Springer, University of Chicago Press, Wiley, and Wolters Kluwer.
Sample journal titles:
- Accident and emergency nursing
- Annals of internal medicine
- Archives of surgery
- Depression and anxiety
- Disaster medicine and public health preparedness . Environmental toxicology and pharmacology . International journal of cardiology . International journal of infectious diseases . JAMA : the journal of the American Medical Association . Journal of emergency medicine . Journal of traumatic stress . Lancet . New England journal of medicine . Surgery
Sample book titles:
- Merck manual of diagnosis and therapy
- Public health & preventive medicine
- Handbook of critical care
- Human virology
- Infectious diseases: the clinician’s guide to diagnosis, treatment and prevention . AHFS drug information
- Cochrane database of systematic reviews . DynaMed . Essential Evidence Plus