National Library of Medicine’s WISER for Android 2.0 Now Available!
The National Library of Medicine’s WISER for Android 2.0 is now available and can be installed directly from the Google Play Store. New features in this release include:
- Emergency Response Guidebook data is now updated to the ERG 2012; WISER for Android includes a custom ERG 2012 tool; and
- WISER now fully integrates content from the Chemical Hazards Emergency Medical Management (CHEMM) website.
This integration includes:
- New hospital provider and preparedness planner profiles;
- Acute care guidelines for six known mass casualty agents/agent classes;
- The addition of a wealth of CHEMM reference material; and
- CHEMM Intelligent Syndrome Tool (CHEMM-IST); a new help identify tool designed to diagnose the type of chemical exposure after a mass casualty incident.
These exciting additions are coming soon:
- Updates to the Windows and WebWISER platforms to include CHEMM integration, ERG 2012 data, and more;
- Data updates for all WISER platforms; and
- WISER for Android 3.1, which adds Help Identify Chemical and protective distance mapping to this popular platform.
WISER is a system designed to assist first responders in hazardous material incidents. WISER provides a wide range of information on hazardous substances, including substance identification support, physical characteristics, human health information, and containment and suppression advice.