Psychological First Aid (PFA) Now Available for Mobile Apple Devices!
The US Department of Veterans Affairs National Center for PTSD, the National Child Traumatic Stress Network, the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, and the National Center for Telehealth and Technology are excited to announce a new application, called PFA Mobile, now available in the iTunes App Store. The app is intended for disaster responders who are trained in Psychological First Aid (PFA).
PFA Mobile includes:
- Summaries of PFA fundamentals
- PFA interventions matched to specific concerns and needs of survivors
- Mentor tips for applying PFA in the field
- A self-assessment tool for readiness to conduct PFA
- A survivor’s needs form for simplified data collection and easy referral
The app is free and will work on any mobile Apple device (iPod touch, iPhone, iPad). Please download and feel free to send any feedback or suggestions for future versions. An Android version may be available in the coming year. Anyone needing technical assistance or additional resources may contact Dr. Melissa Brymer.