New issues of NIH MedlinePlus the Magazine and NIH News in Health are now available!
NIH MedlinePlus the Magazine is the quarterly magazine from the National Institutes of Health and Friends of the National Library of Medicine. NIH MedlinePlus the Magazine presents the best reliable, up-to-date information, including the latest breakthroughs from NIH-supported research. The magazine also features people from all walks of life talking about how they have handled their health challenges. The Summer 2012 issue features:
- From the NIH Director: The Weight of the Nation
- High Cholesterol – Understanding Cholesterol and Heart Health
- NIGMS Marks 50 Years of Discovery – Five Decades of Discovery: National Institute of General Medical Sciences
- Are You Sleep-Deprived? Learn More About Healthy Sleep
- Oral Health – Children’s Dental Health
NIH News in Health is the monthly newsletter from the National Institutes of Health. The practical health information in NIH News in Health is reviewed by NIH’s medical experts and based on research conducted either by NIH’s own scientists or by our grantees at universities and medical schools around the country. The August 2012 issue features:
- Dizziness Can Be a Drag: Coping with Balance Disorders
- Red in the Face: Understanding Rosacea
- Food Allergy Reactions in Kids
- Considering Hip Replacement?
- Featured Website: Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism