CDC Releases Mobile iPad Application
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has announced the launch of a new mobile iPad app! The CDC iPad app allows users to immediately access health articles, popular journals, fast-breaking health updates, blogs, and podcasts. The app features:
- Health Articles written by subject matter experts and health communicators from all CDC centers and programs. While most stories are topic- or event-driven, many capture the full scope of CDC’s work on cross-cutting topics.
- Vital Signs offers recent data on important public health issues. Topics include: colorectal and breast cancer screening; obesity; alcohol and tobacco use; access to health care; HIV testing; seat belt use; cardiovascular disease and more.
- Preventing Chronic Disease (PCD) Journal is a peer-reviewed electronic journal established to address the interface between applied public health research, practice, and policy.
- Newsroom features the latest health news from the CDC Newsroom. From this tab you can access current and archived press releases, media advisories, and press briefing transcripts.
- Public Health Matters Blog: CDC bloggers share their passion for public health, its evolution, and the continual strides that are being made to protect and save lives through education, awareness, research, and promoting healthy lifestyles.
- CDC podcasts: Listen to CDC podcasts on your iPad for reliable health and safety information when and where you want it. The tab links to CDC’s vast library of audio and video podcasts.
- Stay Connected: Follow CDC by tapping on tabs for Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. By accessing CDC’s social media through the iPad, users can view important information on health topics and events throughout the year.
The CDC iPad app is available for free and can be downloaded through the iTunes App Store.