PubMed Advanced Search Page Updated
The PubMed Advanced search page will soon be modified to provide users with a less cluttered, more intuitive way to build searches.
- Terms entered in the builder will automatically populate the search box.
- Users may change the search field from the All Fields pull-down menu, and then enter terms in the search box.
- Terms entered in the builder will be added with the default Boolean operator AND, unless OR or NOT are chosen from the pull-down menu.
- Search field menu selections will be rearranged to display by category, e.g., date search fields will be listed together.
- The MeSH Terms field will also be enhanced to include an autocomplete feature.
For more information and screenshots of the new PubMed Advanced search page, please go to the NLM Technical Bulletin.