MLA 2011: NLM’s PowerPoint Presentations Now Available!
At the Medical Library Association 2011 Annual Meeting, the National Library of Medicine held the “NLM Online Users’ Meeting” on May 16, 2011 and the “NLM Update” on May 17, 2011. The PowerPoint presentations from these two sessions are now available online.
At the NLM Online Users’ Meeting, two PowerPoint presentations were given:
- David Gillikin, gave the Online Users’ Meeting presentation and
- Loren Frant, Head, Health Information Products Unit, updated users on MedlinePlus®, MedlinePlus Connect and the NLM Web site.
There were three speakers at this year’s NLM Update:
- Dr. Donald A.B. Lindberg, Director, brought users up-to-date on some of the Library programs as well as future plans;
- Ms. Betsy Humphreys, Deputy Director, gave an update on the UMLS and PubMed Health; and
- Mr. Sheldon Kotzin, Associate Director for Library Operations, gave an update on Library Operations activities as well as selected activities in other NLM Divisions.
Also available are the NLM exhibit booth’s featured theater presentations to bring users up-to-date on several NLM products and services. The presentation recordings are available on the NLM Distance Education Program Resources webpage.