NN/LM PSR Fact Sheet
Mission: Improve the public's access to information to enable them to make informed decisions about their health.
Challenge: Fulfill the potential of health information providers to meet the health information and health literacy needs of the public.
- Promote NLM and NN/LM resources/services to those providing health information to the public (via various listservs, publications, and presentations)
- Train health information providers on the effective use of electronic resources, and on ways to integrate these resources into existing programs and services
- Improve the regional information infrastructure by identifying regional, state, and local electronic health information resources and integrating them with NLM and NN/LM products and services
- Expand NN/LM PSR partnerships and facilitating collaboration within the region
- Evaluate the effectiveness of NN/LM PSR consumer health information services and modify them as needed