Distance Learning Resources
The National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) are working to provide distance learning opportunities for network members, health professionals and other audiences.
|Topics on this page:|
In conjunction with the Medical Library Association (MLA), NN/LM is using Moodle to offer web-based asynchronous instruction. Select the individual class for course descriptions and additional details. Watch for announcements of these and other online classes in the Dragonfly and on the Calendar of Regional and National Events.
- Beyond an
Apple a Day: Providing Consumer Health Information at
Your Library, taught by Nikki Dettmar
- Caring for the Mind: Providing Reference Servces for Mental Health Information, taught by Nikki Dettmar
- From Snake Oil to Penicillin: Evaluating Consumer Health Information on the Internet, taught by Nikki Dettmar
- Health Issues in the Headlines: Learning to Read Between the Lines, taught by Nikki Dettmar
PubMed Work for You, taught by Patricia Devine
For a listing of nationally offered web-based classes, please check MLA's Resources for Web-based Learning.
The Regional Medical Library (RML) Rendezvous is a
series of web-based presentations and discussions with
network members. To view recordings of previous RML
Rendezvous, learn more about sessions and how to connect
to future ones, please visit the RML Rendezvous
NN/LM PNR provides access to webcasts and satellite
broadcasts from the National Library of Medicine (NLM),
the Medical Library Association (MLA) and other
organizations. Watch for more information about these
presentations in the Dragonfly.
NN/LM PNR has videos of many past broadcasts in their lending library.
Highlights from NLM's Distance Education Program Resources include
- PubMed Tutorial - (updated December 2011) how to search PubMed for journal literature
- The Basics of Medical Subject Headings (MeSH) in MEDLINE/PubMed - (updated March 2010)
- MedlinePlus Tour - an animated tour of MedlinePlus (8 minutes)