Training awards support workshops in the Pacific Northwest Region on the use of NLM resources and/or technology-related workshops to improve health professionals', librarians' and the public's skills in accessing electronic health information.
Training awards support 2 types of workshops:
1) workshops for underserved audiences that do not have a library affiliation; or
2) workshops for customary library patrons, if sessions highlight innovative library services, and if the workshop curriculum or presentation is submitted to the RML to post on http://nnlm.gov/pnr/training/. Sessions may be hands-on practice or demonstrations, if facilities are not available.
Organizational members of the National Network of Libraries of Medicine, Pacific Northwest Region (NN/LM PNR), are eligible to apply. NN/LM PNR membership is free and open to institutions interested in providing health information. To apply for membership, submit a membership application.
Up to $500 per award for cost associated with training.
All awards issued under the NLM Contract with University of Washington are subject to the Government's availability of funds in compliance of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) 52.232-18, Availability of Funds. No legal liability on the part of the Government for any payment may arise until funds are made available to the Contracting Officer for this contract and until the Contractor receives notice of such availability, to be confirmed in writing by the Contracting Officer.
Instructions for Applications
The completed Training Award Application should be sent as email attachments to email@example.com. Please use “Training Award” in the subject line of the email. Applications will be accepted continously.
Proposals must meet the following guidelines:
- If a web site is developed under this award, the web site must comply with Section 508 requirements for accessibility to people with disabilities [details].
- The awardee must acknowledge support of NLM whenever publicizing the work accomplished as a result of this award [details].
- If a journal article is published as a result of this project, the final peer-reviewed manuscript must be submitted to the PubMed Central digital archive in accordance with the NIH Public Access Policy [details].
Development of Training Materials
Successful applicants are expected to use or adapt existing training materials before developing new materials. Consult the Medical Library Association (MLA) Educational Clearinghouse prior to developing materials. Training materials developed as part of the award should be submitted to the MLA Educational Clearinghouse.
Reporting RequirementsAn outreach activity data collection reporting form must be completed for each session held. The report must be received at the PNR office within 15 days after the training session. The form is linked from the PNR Funding Toolkit at http://nnlm.gov/pnr/funding/toolkit.html.
Awardee shall provide email copies of all materials produced, press releases, advertisements, photographs and articles for newsletters related to the project. In accepting the award, the awardee gives permission for use of such materials by the NLM and NN/LM.
For additional information, contact:
Patricia Devine, Network Outreach Coordinator, NN/LM PNR
Phone: (206)543-8275 or (800)338-7657