Electronic Fund Transfer System Award
The National Network of Libraries of Medicine, Pacific NW Region (NN/LM PNR), announces the availability of awards to fund document delivery using DOCLINE's Electronic Fund Transfer System (EFTS). EFTS virtually eliminates the need to create invoices and write checks for reimbursement for interlibrary loans and document delivery between participants. Among the advantages are monthly detailed transaction based reports and the ability to handle variable charges, as well as decreased staff time spent on billing procedures.
The purpose of the EFTS AWard is to promote resource sharing and to improve cost-effectiveness throughout the Network. Full Network Member organizations in the NN/LM PNR are eligible to receive up to $200 to initiate or continue their participation in the EFTS program and affirm their resource sharing efforts. All funds will be distributed directly from the NN/LM PNR and deposited to EFTS in the name of the applicant.
Awards are available for:
- Libraries to begin participating in the EFTS System, and
- Libraries currently participating who wish to expand their document delivery service to new user groups.
Up to 25 awards will be made, and applications will be accepted continuously.
Proposals will be accepted from current DOCLINE participants in the NN/LM PNR.
Applications will be evaluated using the following criteria:
- Need for funding.
- Use of funds to promote document delivery services to new user groups.
- Plan to promote the use of EFTS to organization's administrators.
- DOCLINE Fill Rate (percentage of requests received which are filled).
- Commitment by applicant's administration to support the continuation of the EFTS account.
Award recipients will submit a report addressing the use of funds, any new audiences served, and the impact of funding on library services. Reports are due 6 months after receipt of funds.Please complete the application and email to Patricia Devine.
Patricia Devine, Administrative/Network Coordinator