New Podcasts in a Series About the AHRQ Quality Indicators Toolkit
The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) has released two more audio interviews in a series focused on the use of quality improvement tools in the AHRQ Quality IndicatorsTM Toolkit for Hospitals. The toolkit is a free resource to guide hospitals through the process of using the AHRQ Inpatient Quality Indicators (IQIs) and Patient Safety Indicators (PSIs) to improve care.
The interviews include:
- Analyzing Your IQI and PSI Rates: Amelia Haviland from Carnegie Mellon University talks about several considerations involved in analyzing and working with your IQI and PSI rates.
- Using the Documentation and Coding Tool: Kathy Vermoch and Suzanne Rogers from UHC discuss strategies that hospitals can put in place to improve their documentation and coding, both of which are critical to the accuracy of AHRQ Quality Indicator rates.
Future podcasts will address the following topics:
* Identifying Your Improvement Priorities
* Analyzing Your Barriers and Strategy Options
* Implementing Changes to Improve Performance on the IQI or PSI Measures
* Achieving Sustainable Improvements