Health Literacy Institute
A one-week intensive program on health literacy curriculum development and educational leadership for health professionals and educators will take place at the Tufts University School of Medicine campus in downtown Boston June 11-15, 2012. This course will teach participants to:
- Better understand health literacy as an organizational/systems problem that includes the skills of health care professionals and health care consumers
- Identify the knowledge, attitudes, skills, and systems changes currently employed, and needed to, improve health literacy at the individual and organizational level
- Identify audience-specific health literacy competencies and the curriculum content needed to address those competencies
- Write measurable health literacy learning objectives and an evaluation plan for improvement
- Outline a health literacy curriculum for use with health professional or adult learners based on sound adult learning theory and effective teaching strategies
For more information contact Sabrina Kurtz-Rossi, M.Ed., Course Director: firstname.lastname@example.org.