WISER for iPhone/iPod Touch 2.0
WISER (Wireless Information System for Emergency Responders) is a mobile application from the National Library of Medicine designed to assist first responders in hazardous material incidents.
The second release for WISER for iPhone/iPod touch is now available. Investigate what’s new in this updated release:
WISER’s Help Identify Chemical capability is now available on the iOS platform. Identify and validate an unknown chemical based on the following criteria:
- physical properties of the substance gathered by observation or sensors
- signs and symptoms of victims of exposure
- the ability to categorize a substance, such as a substance used in a meth lab or a flammable substance
- hazard values from NFPA 704 placards
- transportation identification, including DOT placards, type of road trailer, and type of rail car
Use WISER’s protective distance mapping feature on your iPhone or iPod touch. Visualize the areas likely to be affected during the first 30 minutes after a substance is spilled or released on a live map. The Department of Transportation’s Emergency Response Guidebook is the source of WISER’s protective distance data.
WISER for iPhone/iPod touch can be downloaded and installed directly from the Apple App Store.
WebWISER has been updated to include protective distance mapping. Visualize a protective distance map directly within your web browser.
Look for these exciting additions in the coming months:
- Universal iOS (iPad) support
- WISER for Android 2.0, which adds Help Identify Chemical and protective distance mapping to this popular platform