Community Preparedness Day Awards: Be Ready!
NN/LM PNR is pleased to announce funding opportunities for Community Preparedness Day Awards. Community Preparedness Day Awards assist libraries in in becoming active partners in the community’s emergency preparedness, response and recovery planning activities. Awards of up to $5000 each are available to NN/LM member organizations in Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington.
The goals of Community Preparedness Day are to:
- Encourage, strengthen and/or expand library partnerships with first responders and community emergency management personnel
- Provide access to emergency management information tools and resources for families or other target populations
- Integrate and involve libraries in emergency preparedness, response, and recovery planning
- Promote and publicize the roles libraries, faith, or community organizations can play in emergency preparedness
- Strengthen and expand medical and public library partnerships
Applications from libraries and other organizations are welcome.
Consideration of requests for funding will begin on December 16, 2011. Proposals should be submitted using the Community Preparedness Day Award Application.