Reminder: Community Preparedness Day Awards Available, Deadline August 20th
Just a quick reminder – NN/LM PNR is accepting applications for Community Preparedness Day Awards. The deadline for applications is Friday, August 20th. Projects must be completed by April 30, 2011.
The purpose of the Community Preparedness Day Award is to assist libraries in becoming active partners in the community’s emergency preparedness, response and recovery planning activities. Participation in Community Preparedness Day projects will help make libraries part of a the nationwide effort to encourage Americans to take simple steps to prepare for emergencies in their homes, businesses and schools.
The goals of Community Preparedness Day are to:
- Encourage, strengthen and/or expand library partnerships with first responders and community emergency management personnel.
- Provide access to emergency management information tools and resources for families or other target populations.
- Integrate and involve libraries in emergency preparedness, response and recovery planning.
- Promote and publicize the roles libraries, faith, or community organizations can play in emergency preparedness.
- Strengthen and expand medical and public library partnerships.
For more information and to access the application, go to the full announcement on NN/LM PNR’s web site.