Two New Funding Opportunities: Health Literacy Partnerships with Physician Assistants and Express Outreach AwardsThursday, January 28th, 2010
Greetings Pacific Northwest Region!
Know any physician assistants or librarians with whom you want to partner? How about a group with which you’ve always wanted to do outreach activities surrounding health information? The NN/LM PNR is pleased to announce two new funding opportunities.
First, there is the “Health Information Literacy Partnership Award: Physician Assistants & Librarians.” The goals of this award are:
* To promote health information literacy and surrounding issues;
* To improve the use of quality health information resources for patient education by physician assistants;
* To promote strategies for improving patient health information literacy by physician assistants;
* To foster local health information expertise among physician assistants;
* To promote awareness and use of the products and services of the NLM and the NNLM, including, but not limited to the InfoRx Program.
See the full announcement and find the application for the “Health Literacy Partnership Award” at: http://nnlm.gov/pnr/funding/HealthLitPAs.html
Next, we have another round of “Express Outreach Awards.” Goals of these awards are:
* To improve use of quality online health information resources by priority populations (as defined below);
* To promote health information literacy in health education and health care;
* To build or strengthen partnerships between network members and other community organizations;
* To foster local health information expertise in community organizations;
* To promote awareness and use of the products and services of the NLM and the NNLM.
The full announcement this year’s Express Outreach Awards, along with the application are linked here: http://nnlm.gov/pnr/funding/Express_Outreach_Jan_2010.html.
Both of these awards will be for a maximum of $12,000. Then deadline for both applications is April 23, 2010. If you have questions contact Gail Kouame, Consumer Health Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Cathy Burroughs, Associate Director, at email@example.com. You can also call the Regional Medical Library at 1-800-338-7657 (in AK, ID, MT, OR, and WA) or 206-543-8262.