Call for Proposals: Technology Improvement Awards
We are excited to announce a new funding opportunity from the NN/LM PNR to support purchase, installation, and/or upgrading of hardware and software to enhance access to health information.
Up to three (3) awards of up to $5,000 each are available to NN/LM member organizations in Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington. The purpose of these awards is to enhance the capacity of a library or organization to offer electronic health information services for health professionals or health consumers.
This funding can be used for:
- computer equipment, scanning or document imaging equipment, or other hardware
- software for Internet or Web-based transmission of documents
- Internet access fees
- trainings or demonstrations related to a new information service
Applications from community-based organizations are especially welcome.
A spring 2007 assessment of libraries in the Pacific Northwest revealed a number of technology and connectivity gaps including the need for wireless Internet access, facilities for computer-based instruction, document delivery equipment, and other hardware and software upgrades. This funding is intended to help libraries and other member organizations to meet those needs. We hope that this funding can also provide an opportunity for network members to collaborate with their institutional Information Technology personnel.
We aim for recipients of these awards to be distributed across our five state region. Priority will be given to proposals that:
1. Respond to a previously identified health information access need
2. Have active support of the institution’s information technology staff
3. Include a clear strategy for evaluating project outcomes
Consideration of requests for funding will begin October 24, 2008. Proposals should be submitted using the Technology Improvement Awards Application form .