What Can the RML Do?
Suggestions generated from the
forum evaluation question,
"What else can the RML do to help advocate for you and your library?"
- Generate and facilitate discussion on HLIB-NW for news and ideas re: demonstrating and enhancing a hospital library's value; ideas like branding, business plans, news scans, etc.
- Develop and maintain a hospital library advocacy page on the RML Web site. It can contain templates, ideas and resources.
- Collect and make available on the Web templates or examples that librarians are willing to share for: business plans, annual reports, branding and professionalizing library products, etc.
- Consortium-building assistance
- Do CEs around the topic of hospital library advocacy
- Have Martha Leredu develop and teach a class on how to do business plans
- Come up with a reason to do a site visit to a hospital library and have the RML be a part of a library program
- Send congratulatory letter to CEO when librarian wins an RML award
- Send letters to CEO and other administrators to advocate for hospital librarian.
- Have a follow-up forum to see what folks have done and what might be next steps.
- "Steal" ideas from other RMLs.
- Send/offer speakers that promote medical libraries to hospital association conferences.