NLM Resources UpdateThere are no sessions currently scheduled for this class, the following information may be out of date
Class Description | Agenda
Explore the latest and greatest from the National Library of Medicine treasure trove of resources! This class focuses on databases such as ClinicalTrials.gov, Drug Information Portal, Genetic Testing Registry and PubMed. Additional databases and resources will be highlighted as time permits. Attendees will participate either in person or through distance learning via discussions/chats, hands-on exercises and surveys/polls.
Objective: Increase the participant’s awareness of NLM resources and databases.
Attendees will be able to:
- Increase their awareness of NLM resources and databases;
- Describe the function of Clinicaltrials.gov;
- Find trials by searching or browsing Clinicaltrials.gov;
- Explore DailyMed and the NLM Drug Portal to locate drug information;
- Explore Genetic Testing Registry (GTR) to find genetic testing information;
- Become familiar with the NLM Gallery of Mobile Apps and Sites;
- Explore PubMed’s special features such as Shared My NCBI or LinkOut;
- Describe when to use various resources and databases.
- Exploring Clinicaltrials.gov
- Genetic Testing Registry
- NLM Gallery of Mobile Apps
- NLM Drug Portal and DailyMed
- PubMed Health
- PubMed special features
- Discussion and review of NLM Resources
- Final questions, wrap-up, and class evaluations
There are no available sessions of this class