1) If you don’t already have a free MyNCBI account, create one
2) At the bottom of the Filters window on your MyNCBI account page, click the “Manage filters” link
3) Click on LinkOut from the “Select Category” option
4) Type in HSDB and click on Search
5) Check the two boxes next to HSDB (filter and icon). This will save these options.
Run a search
1) While logged into your MyNCBI account
2) Run your search in PubMed
3) On the upper right side of the results page look for “Filter your results”
4) Click on the HSDB link. You are now viewing all citations with a link to the HSDB database
5) Click on a result
6) Click on the HSDB icon on the upper right. The link takes you to the HSDB record for chemical/s mentioned in the article.