Because we’re all about training, we try to keep up with what professionals in the areas of learning, training, and technologies are saying. This week,in the Learning Technologies Blog from ATD (Association for Talent Development), Karl M. Kapp identified “a list of five trends learning professionals should consider when mapping out strategies for the next five of years.”
According to Kapp, “When mapping out learning strategies for your organization, you need to carefully consider the elements of technology, learning science, and societal influences to ensure that you have a strategy that is on target, scalable, and meets the needs of your learners to help them achieve organizational goals and objectives.” Here’s a brief look at the top five he identifies:
- Microlearning: delivering content to learners in small, specific bursts over time or just when needed.
- Gamification: the goal is engagement of learners, not just trying to make things “fun.”
- Social Learning: critical for exchanging ideas and getting questions answered from people you’ve never met.
- Adaptive Learning: instruction that adapts and changes based on individual learner inputs and actions.
- Immersive Learning: different facets of the same concept which make learning more immersive.
To read the full article, go to: http://ow.ly/XWKvc