- The ROI of chocolate: ow.ly/B9Kzk
- Great example of before and after PowerPoint slides: ow.ly/yZQun
- Looking for relationships between human genetic variations and observed health status? Try ClinVar from @NCBI ow.ly/yHWiZ
- Want to search #pubmed title & abstract [tiab] without missing subject/MeSH terms? Try text word [tw] ow.ly/yI0Hw
- Heutagogy, peeragogy & cybergogy? What they are and why you should care from @SHIFTelearning ow.ly/zqjqD
- Photos from our Portland, Oregon PubMed for Trainers class
Archive for the ‘Classes for Trainers’ Category
Have you heard? We’ve recently announced new class dates for our PubMed for Trainers and PubMed for Librarians classes!
PubMed for Trainers is designed for those who train or will train others to use PubMed. There are 3 online classes followed by an all-day in-person class. Completing the class earns you 15 MLA CE credits and it’s free!
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania – June 2014
- Bethesdsa, Maryland – June 2014
- Lincoln, Rhode Island – June 2014
- Minneapolis, Minnesota – July 2014
- Portland, Oregon – September 2014
- Bethesda, Maryland – October 2014
For more information on PubMed for Trainers or to register, please visit our class schedule.
PubMed for Librarians is made up of five 90 minute segments. Each segment is meant to be a stand-alone module and you can determine how many and in what sequence you attend. Classes are free.
The five segments are:
- Introduction to PubMed
- Automatic Term Mapping
- Building and Refining Your Search
- Customization – MyNCBI
You can find out more about each segment or register for classes on our training calendar.
Watch for more class announcements soon.
We hope you’ll join us!
Join the National Library of Medicine Training Center (NTC) trainers as they share “aha moments,” tips, techniques and research-based recommendations from three recent professional development conferences. We will discuss:
- Presentation skills, including better PowerPoint design
- Tips for creating participant-centered training activities
- Distance learning recommendations
Date: November 7, 2012
Time: 3 – 4 pm ET
Place: Adobe Connect; web address will be sent to registrants
Register here: http://nnlm.gov/ntcc/classes/schedule.html#class501
Registration is now open for NTC spring classes! The NTC will be teaching PubMed® for Trainers in Houston, TX; Chapel Hill, NC; and Chicago, IL. TOXNET® and Beyond will be taught in Houston and Chicago. See the NTC class schedule and register now!
The PubMed® for Trainers and TOXNET® and Beyond classes will be offered at UCLA in Los Angeles, CA in February 2012. PubMed for Trainers is a hybrid class with both online and in person sessions; it will be offered February 6-22, 2012, with the in-person session held at UCLA on February 14. TOXNET and Beyond will be offered in-person at UCLA on February 15. Register now!
The new PubMed® for Trainers class is a hands-on course that consists of lectures, individual exercises, group work and discussions in four sessions, with independent work before or after each session. The course will consist of three 1.5 hour online sessions and a six-hour in-person session. The class is eligible for 12 hours of MLA CE credit.
Registration is open for the PubMed for Trainers class from October 5 – 26, 2011; the in-person session will be taught at NLM in Bethesda, MD. Watch this space for announcements of future PubMed for Trainers classes to be taught around the country in 2012!
For more details about the new class, as well as other NTC happenings, see the NLM Technical Bulletin article published on September 13, 2011.