About the National Library of Medicine Training Center (NTC)
The University of Utah, Spencer S. Eccles Health Sciences Library serves as the National Library of Medicine Training Center (NTC) for the National Network of Libraries of Medicine under a 5 year contract with the National Library of Medicine. The NN/LM mission and goals are carried out through a unique collaboration with the NTC to Regional Medical Libraries across the United States. The NTC strives to gain recognition for its work and leadership in Teaching, Technology and Assessment/Evaluation.
The mission of the National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) is “to advance the progress of medicine and improve the public health by: 1) providing all U.S. health professionals with equal access to biomedical information; and 2) improving the public’s access to information to enable them to make informed decisions about their health.” The National Library of Medicine (NLM) Training Center (NTC) supports the mission of NN/LM.
The National Library of Medicine Training Center (NTC) offers e-learning and in-person classes related to NLM products and services. Our goal is to:
- Support the effective use of NLM information products and services by health sciences librarians, public librarians, health professionals, and the public health workforce; and
- Provide leadership to the NN/LM regions related to e-learning delivery methods and instructional best practices for adult learners.
2011-2016 Proposal (PDF)
2012-2013 Objectives (PDF)
2013-2014 Objectives (PDF)
2014-2015 Objectives (PDF)
Reports Submitted to NLM
- Base Year 1 – 2011-2012
- Option Year 1 – 2012-2013
- Option Year 2 – 2013-2014
- Option Year 3 – 2014-2015