DIMRC wants to take the opportunity at this time to inform you of some important resources you may find useful with the current Ebola situation, since it is becoming more of an international concern. Whereas we do have some information in WISER on Viral Hemorrhagic Fevers (of which Ebola is one of the agents), we’d also like to point you to the following trusted resources for more current information that is pertinent to the current outbreak. Please note that this web-based information is much more current than our apps can be, since the situation evolves so rapidly.
- NLM Ebola Information:
As a library, we collect, organize & disseminate information. The resources below contain links to many government, non-government, international, journal articles, situation reports, multi-language, maps, & social media information.
- DIMRC’s Ebola Outbreak 2014: Information Resources page – http://disaster.nlm.nih.gov/dimrc/ebola_2014.html
- EMS & Ebola Guidance and Checklists – http://disasterlit.nlm.nih.gov/search/?searchTerms=EMS+ebola&search.x=0&search.y=0&search=Search
If you’re looking for EMS guidance for Ebola, we will show you the current guidance available here!
- DOT Guidance:
- DOT Guidance for Transporting Ebola Contaminated Items, a Category A Infectious Substance – http://www.phmsa.dot.gov/portal/site/PHMSA/menuitem.6f23687cf7b00b0f22e4c6962d9c8789/?vgnextoid=4d1800e36b978410VgnVCM100000d2c97898RCRD&vgnextchannel=d248724dd7d6c010VgnVCM10000080e8a8c0RCRD&vgnextfmt=print
- CDC Ebola information:
- Ebola (Ebola Virus Disease) – http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/index.html
- First Imported Case of Ebola Diagnosed in the United States – http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/outbreaks/2014-west-africa/united-states-imported-case.html
- Information for Healthcare Workers – http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/hcp/index.html
All the above pages have links on the left side of the page where you can get to information on signs/symptoms, transmission, risk of exposure, prevention, treatment, etc. Updates are occurring regularly, so check back to get the latest, or subscribe (using your e-mail address) to them for updates at – http://www.cdc.gov/Other/emailupdates/