Would you like to offer a health literacy CME/CNE program? Michelle Eberle would like to share materials she created for a CME program at the Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital-Plymouth. She’ll provide you with a presentation description and objectives to apply for CME at your hospital. Then, she’ll walk you through her slides and share tips for how you can customize the program. Following the webinar, Michelle will provide you with the slides for your own use.
Date: March 4, 2015 from 2-3 PM
Register to attend the webinar by March 3, 2015.
For your reference, here is the description of the Health Literacy CME and objectives:
What Every Health Care Provider Needs to Know about Health Literacy
Health literacy is a hot topic with many practical techniques for both providers and patients to improve the quality of the health care experience. Learn about ways to empower patients to obtain, communicate, process and understand basic health information and services in order to make appropriate health decisions. The presenter will discuss the latest trends and resources in the health literacy field. Attendees will learn about strategies for health care professionals from the National Action Plan for Health Literacy as well as other major health literacy initiatives.
At the conclusion of this CME activity, the learner will be able to:
- Define health literacy and discuss the latest trends.
- Understand each part of the definition of health literacy and leave equipped with resources to support patients to obtain, communicate, process and understand basic health information and services in order to make appropriate health decisions.
- Use Universal Precautions to assume that everyone may have difficulty understanding and
- creating an environment where patients of all literacy levels can thrive.
- Describe strategies for health care professionals from the National Action Plan for Health Literacy.