Emergency Preparedness Summit at University of Massachusetts Medical School on Friday November 22, 2013
The National Network of Libraries of Medicine, New England Region will be hosting a half-day Emergency Preparedness Summit at University of Massachusetts Medical School on Friday November 22, 2013.
The theme is Extreme Weather. With a large percentage of New England being located along the northeastern seaboard the potential for floods, hurricanes, blizzards and other weather related events that occur in our communities.
The current speaker line up is:
- David Clemons: Director, Worcester Emergency Management
- Liz Foley, Medical Reserve Corps
- Cindy Hahn, American Red Cross
This event is free. A light breakfast and validated parking will be available. Lunch is on your own.
You will also have a choice of two different CE courses to register for:
- Going to Extremes: Health Information Resources for Severe Weather Conditions
- Improving Library Disaster Readiness workshop
Registration for the Summit and CE classes is available at http://tinyurl.com/ogdqnjv
Contact Meredith Solomon, Meredith.firstname.lastname@example.org, 508.856.5964 with any questions