Outreach to Specific Populations listserv (newly created)
The U.S. National Library of Medicine-Outreach to Specific Populations listserv (NLM_OSP-L) provides health information professionals, librarians, advocates, health care professionals, students, and others with an opportunity to share information and discuss outreach to specific populations through quality information, capacity building and community engagement. This discussion forum will enable participants to stay informed about health information resources, services, and programs tailored to specific populations as well as connect with colleagues in the field and benefit from discussions that address best practices, challenges, and gaps associated with health information outreach to specific populations.
Information distributed through the OSP Listserv (NLM_OSP-L) may include:
- Health information outreach programs and services tailored to specific populations (i.e. Students/Educators, Health Professionals, Minorities, Women, Seniors, etc.)
- Information resources addressing health topics ranging from HIV/AIDS and Environmental Health to Emergency and Disaster Preparedness
- Announcements of funding opportunities
- National, state and/or local meetings and conferences
- Information and technological resources for and about specific populations
- Training opportunities
- Best practices, trends, new ideas
- Publications, articles, and research findings related to health information outreach
We encourage you to let others know about the OSP listserv, and to share its messages. Subscribe to NLM_OSP-L Listerv to learn more.
If there are problems submitting subscription information, please send an email to the list administrator at NLM_OSP-Lfirstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribers will receive an automated message from NLM_OSP-L followed by a welcome message from the listserv administrator with additional information about your subscription.
The OSP listserv is provided by the Outreach & Special Populations Branch, Division of Specialized Information Services, U.S. National Library of Medicine. It is monitored, but not moderated.
Health information outreach-related ideas, announcements, resources, questions and comments are encouraged.
- Use descriptive subject lines.
- Use “Reply All” only if a response is intended for everyone on the list.
- Subscribers are expected to use professional language and submit appropriate, on-topic material.
To Post a Message
- Use the address: NLM_OSP-L@list.nih.gov
To Search NLM_OSP-L@list.nih.gov Archives
- The archives are available at https://list.nih.gov/archives/nlm_osp-l.html
To Change your Subscription Options
- Change your subscription options at https://list.nih.gov/cgi-bin/wa.exe?SUBED1=NLM_OSP-L. Select and set up a password to change subscription options.
- Send an email to email@example.com with “SIGNOFF NLM_OSP-L” in the body of the message. Leave the subject line blank.
To Reach the List Administrator
- Send an email to NLM_OSP-Lfirstname.lastname@example.org.