Free Hands-On PubMed for trainers class (15 hours MLA CE Credit) by NLM’s National Training Center
Register for a FREE hands-on PubMed® for Trainers class provided by the staff of the National Library of Medicine Training Center (NTC)!
Would you like to gain new skills, brush up on existing PubMed skills and collaborate with colleagues to help create effective training strategies? PubMed® for Trainers is held in 4 sessions; 3 online and 1 in person session. The class is eligible for 15 hours of MLA CE credit. This hands-on course consists of lectures, individual exercises, group work and discussions in four sessions, with approximately 2-3 hours of independent work.
The in-person class will be held at the University of Massachusetts Medical School
Lamar Soutter Library in Worcester, MA.
These hands-on classes include 9 presentations created by the National Library of Medicine, interactive demonstrations, hands-on exercises, small group work and networking opportunities. By the end of the course, you should:
• Have a functional knowledge of the MEDLINE database
• Understand behind the scenes details of how PubMed translates your search
• Know how to use Medical Subject Headings (MeSH)
• Customize your search results and save search strategies using My NCBI
• Increase you knowledge of how to more effectively search for drugs, diseases, and patient centered research.
The class runs from June 28 – July 17, 2012. Attendance in all four sessions is required to earn CE credits. Upon completion of all four sessions the course will be worth 15 hours of MLA CE credit.
The dates and times for the four class sessions are:
1. Thursday, June 28, 10-12 ET (online via Adobe Connect)
2. Monday, July 9, 10-12 ET (online via Adobe Connect)
3. Thursday, July 12, 10-12 ET (online via Adobe Connect)
4. Tuesday, July 17, 9-4 ET (in-person in Worcester)
To register, visit http://nnlm.gov/ntcc/classes/schedule.html