Explore the NIHSeniorHealth.gov redesign. NIHSeniorHealth is designed specifically for the senior-searcher. The site was recently redesigned after further usability testing with older adults. Developed by the National Library of Medicine and the National Institute on Aging, NIHSeniorHealth.gov already included user-friendly features such as the ability to resize text and change contrast for low vision searchers. The NIHSeniorHealth Toolkit for Trainers provides librarians and other health information providers with lesson plans and student handouts to teach MedlinePlus and NIHSeniorHealth.
New features of the redesign include:
- A search feature providing results from NIHSeniorHealth, MedlinePlus, the NIA Aging Age Pages, and other content selected by MedlinePlus staff.
- A new banner with easy access to over 50 health topics and 150 videos.
- Email updates highlighting new topics.
- A Bookmark feature and a Share Button to help you share information with colleagues, friends and family via Facebook, Twitter, Gmail and many other ways.
- Health topics organized with the following headings for ease of navigation: In this Topic; Learn More; and Related Topics.
Take a look at the redesign, and discover how NIHSeniorHealth can help you provide patient education and care for the health of your family and friends.