Healthy Weight Collaborative [Call for Applications]
We are pleased to announce the release of the Call for Applications for community teams to participate in Phase Two of the Healthy Weight Collaborative, a national quality improvement effort to test and spread evidence-based and promising interventions to prevent and treat obesity. Attached, please find a fact sheet with more information on the Collaborative and the broader Collaborate for Healthy Weight initiative.
The Call for Applications may be found at: http://www.collaborateforhealthyweight.org/Take-Action/Join-the-Collaborative.aspx. Please access the PDF version of the complete application, or click on the blue “Apply Now!” box for access to the online application.
This phase will bring together 40 multi-sector teams (including primary care, public health, and the community) from across the country to engage in a virtual learning community from late February 2012-February 2013.
• Application deadline: January 27, 2012 at 3:00 pm EST.
• Informational webinar for interested applicants: January 11, 2012 from 3:00-4:00 pm EST. Registration is required to attend, and may be accessed at http://www.cvent.com/d/dcq8qx. Space is limited.
• Accepted teams notified: February 28, 2012.
Phase Two Recruitment Priorities:
• Broad geographic distribution, with representation from urban, rural, tribal, and underserved communities facing significant health disparities.
• Tribal communities, as well as teams with a focus on faith-based, intergenerational, and women’s health approaches are encouraged to apply.
• The application of community health workers (ie. patient navigators, promatoras, or community advocates) and mHealth or innovative technology (ie. text messages, smart phone applications, or other innovative approaches) is encouraged.
• IT capacity (or access to) to participate in the virtual collaborative, including webinars and videoconferencing
For more information about the Healthy Weight Collaborative and the Collaborate for Healthy Weight initiative, please visit the project’s website: www.collaborateforhealthyweight.org.
If you have any further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Becca Lipman at 617-391-2700.
Thank you for your partnership in this exciting effort,
Sarah R. Linde-Feucht, M.D.
CAPT U.S. Public Health Service
Chief Public Health Officer
Health Resources and Services Administration
5600 Fishers Lane, Room 14-05, Rockville, MD 20857
Phone: 301-443-3325 Blackberry: 202-425-1587