Upcoming KM Day Event
Friday, March 4, 2011
(Snow Date: Thursday, March 17, 2011)
Hoagland-Pincus Conference Center
University of Massachusetts Medical School
222 Maple Ave., Shrewsbury, MA 01545
(Directions will follow with a confirmation e-mail .)
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Health Sciences Librarians in the New England Region
1. Introduce KM principles.
2. Present Template for a Healthcare Knowledge Management Center.
3. Sharing KM applications found in a health care environment.
8:00 – 8:30 MEET & GREET
8:30 – 9:00 Breakfast
9:00 – 9:15 Introduction (Mark)
9:15 – 10:00 Survey & KM Primer (Lynda Moulton)
10:00 – 10:15 BREAK
10:15 – 11:15 KM Primer & Q/A (Lynda Moulton)
11:15— Noon KM Applications in Hospitals (Alison Clapp, Gary Strubel, Denise Corless, et al.)
Noon – 1:00 LUNCH
1:00 – 2:00 Template for a Healthcare Knowledge Management Center (Mark & Margo)
2:00 – 2:30 Next Steps: Pilot Project (Margo & Mark)
2:30 – 3:00 Conclusion
• In the morning, we’ll hear from Lynda Moulton, a KM professional who runs a KM consulting company and is a co-leader of the Boston KM Forum. Lynda is a smart and engaging speaker, and has a background in special libraries.
• After the Break, we’ll share details of the proposed Template for a Healthcare Knowledge Management Center (HKMC), developed by the NER’s RAC Hospital Library Subcommittee.
• Following Lunch, we’ll showcase some of the KM projects taking place within our region. We’ll bring the theory of KM down to the applied practice level, where the value of KM-based action and services can be clearly demonstrated.
Please remember — if you discover that you’re unable to attend after registering, inform us ASAP so that someone else can attend.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Mark Goldstein, NN/LM NER
Network Coordinator, 508-856-5964
Margo Coletti, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Director, Knowledge Services, 617-632-8483