HIV/AIDS Outreach Funding
HIV/AIDS Community Information Outreach Projects 2009 (NLM-09-078/SES)
The National Library of Medicine (NLM) is pleased to announce the solicitation of quotations from organizations and libraries to design and conduct projects that will improve access to HIV/AIDS related health information for patients, the affected community, and their caregivers.
Projects must involve one or more of the following information access categories:
- Information retrieval
- Skills development
- State-of-the-art resources
- Resource development
- Document Access.
Emphasis is placed upon the following types of organizations or arrangements for developing these programs:
- Community-based organizations (CBOs) or patient advocacy groups currently providing HIV/AIDS related serves to the affected community
- Public libraries serving communities in the provision of HIV/AIDS-related information and resources
- Health departments or other local, municipal, or state agencies working to improve public health
- Faith-based organizations currently providing HIV/AIDS-related services
- Multi-type consortia of the above-listed organizations that may be in existence or formed specifically for this project.
Standard Awards are offered for up to $60,000; Express Awards are offered for up to $10,000.
Quotations are due to NLM on Monday, June 1, 2009.
The solicitation for the 2009 HIV/AIDS Community Information Outreach Projects is posted at http://sis.nlm.nih.gov/hiv/2009aidsrfq.html .
Please share this information with your colleagues.
Primary Point of Contact:
Shari E. Shor, Contract Specialist
Secondary Point of Contact:
Robin D. Hope-Williams, Contracting Officer