Placing a Value on Hospital Library Services
Moderator: Mark Goldstein
Guest Speakers: Betsy Kelly, Assessment and Evaluation Liaison (NN/LM MCR) & Barb Jones, Advocacy Liaison (NN/LM MCR)
Date: Thursday, March 5, 2009
Time: 2:30-4:00 PM
Concept: To help hospital librarians work with two “valuation” tools: (1.) the new Library Value Calculator, adapted from one originally provided by the Massachusetts Library Association, and then adapted for the web by Chelmsford Public Library; and (2.) the Cost Benefit and ROI Calculator, that helps determine a library’s contribution to the institutional “bottom line”.
Highlights / Responses to questions, such as:
- What’s your library worth to the institution?
- How much would it cost to replace your library services on the retail market?
- How much does the library contribute to the bottom line?
- How much benefit does your institution (i.e., the patrons) receive for every dollar spent by the library?
- What kind of annual return is realized for funds allocated to maintain the library’s collection?
To register, please contact Martha Pearson at email@example.com and let her know which session you want to attend. Details of how to access the web conference and Adobe Connect session will be forwarded upon registration. Information on how to test your computer for Adobe Connect is available under Connect Diagnostics on the NN/LM NER Distance Education Web Page.