Breezing Along with the RML: RML Updates
|Topics on this page:|
What: 2010- present Breezing Along with the RML Sessions
When: Third Wednesday of every month at 10 am MT and 11am CT
What: Two staff members from the RML or guests will present information on goals, activities, accomplishments, or resources. We may ask about your experiences or your opinions. We may encourage you to take action, offer a new service, or try a new technology. Every month will be different.
How: The updates are conducted using Adobe Acrobat Connect. To test whether you can view the session try playing back one of our archived versions. If you have problems contact Rachel Vukas or John Bramble, Technology Coordinators, to help trouble shoot your system.
Recording and Presentation: : Sessions are recorded, captioned and posted on this web page usually within one day of the session. Associated Power Point presentations are available upon request. Please direct your request through Marty Magee at email@example.com
Logging In: Go to https://utahntc.adobeconnect.com/mcr. Enter as a guest. Sign in with your first and last names. Follow the instructions in the meeting room to have the Adobe Acrobat Connect system call you on your telephone.
- December 18, 2013
November 20 , 2013
Libraries in Transition - a panel discussion with six library directors
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/r1rBn
October 16 , 2013
Health Literacy through Pop Culture presented by Monica Rogers
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/pX9bn
September 18 , 2013
1) Social Media lessons learned by the RML presented by John Bramble
2) Intro to the MCR Game "Mission I'mPossible" presented by John Bramble
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/oZIXp
August 21 , 2013
1) Recap of the NLM- National Network Office virtualÂ "site visit" of July 17 presented by Claire Hamasu
2) The Affordable Care Actâ¦and You!, presented by Dana Abbey and Monica Rogers
No audio is available on this recording but captioning is present.
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/oMLyk
July 2013 - No Breezing session
June 19 , 2013
1) Monica Rogers explained CHIS - Consumer Health Information Specialization
2) Claire Hamasu discussed NN/LM plans for Year 3 for the MidContinental Region .
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/mcliT
May 15 , 2013
1) Medical Library Association annual conference recap by the RML team
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/l4gLc
April 17, 2013
1) Dana Abbey introduced two speakers on Systematic Reviews
2) Barb Jones led the Advocacy Bookclub group in discussing "Winning the Story Wars."
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/kbTtt
March 20, 2013
1) Betsy Kelly led a panel on Academic Library Data Collection
2) Barb Jones led a panel on Hospital Library Data Collection
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/jhMHT
February 20, 2013
1) Rachel Vukas led a panel discussion, and showed examples of different usages of LibGuides.
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/hXJvT
January 16, 2013
1) Jean Shipman, Director - MCR, and Claire Hamasu, Associate Director - MCR, led a lively discussion on Open Access - envisioning what it would mean in 2023, to librarians, to libraries, to our collections, and for our authors in academic and hospital institutions.
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/gTLQM
November 7, 2012
1) Monica Rogers, Health Literacy Coordinator, spoke with Denise Britigan, about Health Literacy Nebraska, the initiative, the web page (HLNE.org) and upcoming summit.
2) Rachel Vukas presented and facilitated a discussion on Breaking through the Barrier! - a report from the MCR Working Group on Hospital Library Internet Access.
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/f6J1J
October 17, 2012
1) Marty Magee facilitated Education librarians from NN/LM MCR Resource Libraries, as they shared what's new and cool and their libraries.
2) John Bramble continued the discussion held during the RML Session at the 2012 MCMLA Conference on social media methods that Network members are using to engage their users, followed by a discussion on how the RML can effectively engage members.
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/eytkU
September 16, 2012
1) Barb Jones presented the topic is Knowledge Management
2) Claire Hamasu and Barb Jones facilitated a discussion following the presentation with participants in the Knowledge Management Workshop of 2010 and discussed what is happening in your institutions and further strategies for how you can be be involved in this area.
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/dYwPw
August 15, 2012
1) Dana Abbey talked with Crystal Niedzwiadek, Youth Services Supervisor, about her role as the library's youth librarian and her desire to find ways to connect to teen library customers and aid in their healing process following a gunman's shooting in an Aurora movie theatre in July 2012.
2) Jim Honour presented Usage Trends for DOCLINE/Loansome Doc and reviewed benefits of using Loansome Doc and EFTS.
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/cZJM7
July 20, 2012
1) Betsy Kelly shared results of the Spring 2012 Survey
2) John Bramble led an overview of Year 2 technology class offerings
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/cNRn7
June 20, 2012
1) The RML staff presented updates from the Medical Library Association conference, held in Seattle in May 2012.
View the archived recording at: https://webmeeting.nih.gov/p38155019
May 16, 2012
1) Dana Abbey, Colorado and Health Literacy coordinator presented on MedlinePlus Connect
2) Rachel Vukas, Kansas and Technology coordinator presented on Social Media in Medical Libraries
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/aXrQv
April 18, 2012
1) Monica Rogers, introduced herself as Health Literacy Coordinator and interviewed Judi Bergjord, of Creighton University regarding Mayan Peer Educator project
2) Betsy Kelly. Assessment and Evaluation Coordinator presented information on use of the Logic Model
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/aD2vZ
March 21, 2012
1) John Bramble introduced Peter Jones, who works at Eccles Health Sciences Library and shared IPAD tips.
2) Jim Honour presented information on Promotional Materials, and EBooks from the NN/LM MCR.
View the archived recording at: https://webmeeting.nih.gov/p58328653
February 15, 2012
1) Marty Magee presented an update on Education topics including new trends and resources. PowerPoint presentation PDF of presentation
2) Barb Jones introduced Catherine Craven, who worked at the Welch Medical Library, Johns Hopkins, in the clinical librarianship program. View the archived recording at: https://webmeeting.nih.gov/p22711830
January 18, 2012
1) Jean Shipman, Director of the MidContinental Region and NLM Training Center, discussed potential futures for health sciences librarians and thus libraries.
2) Claire Hamasu, Associate Director, described current funding opportunities and discussed the MCR Communication Plan.
View the archived recording at: https://webmeeting.nih.gov/p43279624
November 16, 2011
Claire Hamasu and Barb Jones held a discussion on the Library Evaluation Scan conducted earlier in the year which was designed to track the organizational positioning and status of the library within hospitals in the MCR. No recording is available for this session.
October 19, 2011
1) John Bramble, Technology Coordinator , presented on the eleven NN/LM Technology program activities and
2) Jim Honour, Wyoming Coordinator, on funding opportunities provided by the RML in this contract year including the Professional Development Award, Training Health Professionals Award and scholarships for business practices for librarians class.
View the archived recording at: https://webmeeting.nih.gov/p57686944
September 14, 2011
1) Claire Hamasu - Communication Audit. The RML strives to be a leader within the MidContinental Region and in April of this year completed a communication audit to improve the language of our leadership. Learn how we plan to improve our communication with you.
2) Dana Abbey interviewed Dr. Kurt Beam, a professor and researcher in the Department of Physiology and Biophysics at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus. Dr. Beam talked about his own data intensive research, thoughts on sharing data, and provided a perspective on e-Science data wrangling.
View the archived recording at: https://webmeeting.nih.gov/p62608907
August 17, 2011
1)Â Barb Jones introduced Susan Meadows, MLS, librarian for the Family and Community Medicine Department, University of Missouri School of Medicine, who shared information about her clinical librarianship program within a teaching department, and
2) Betsy Kelly introduced Susan Fowler and Lauren Yaeger who shared their experience partnering with St Louis Children's Hospital Medical IT and Emergency Unit to enable access to patient specific information through the SLCH electronic health record knowledge page.
View the archived recording at: https://webmeeting.nih.gov/p16811532
July 20, 2011
1) Health Information Literacy: On the Front Lines -panel hosted by Dana Abbey and Siobhan Champ-Blackwell. Panel included: Anne Ryan-Haddad, Associate Professor Pharmacy Practice, Creighton University; Lisa Cohen, HHS Region VIII, HIV/AIDS Regional Resource Coordinator; Jeanette Flannery Courtad DDS, Colorado School of Mines and author of Toothful Tales: How We Survived the Sweet Attack; and Andrea West, Director of Curriculum and Research, International Parish Nurse Resource Center.
View the archived recording at: https://webmeeting.nih.gov/p23808901
June 15, 2011
1) National Training Center presented by Sharon Dennis
2) Medical Library Association Sharing by NN/LM MidContinental Region staff
View the archived recording at: https://webmeeting.nih.gov/p65145506
April 20, 2011
1) Grant Writing: Tips And Tricks From a Successfully Funded Health Professional. Siobhan Champ-Blackwell invited Joy Doll, Creighton University Medical Center.
2) Pervasive Assessment - a paper presented at MLA by Betsy Kelly and Claire Hamasu.
View the archived recording at: https://webmeeting.nih.gov/p36506516
March 16, 2011
1) Rebecca Brown reported on the 2010 Health Literacy Institute and provides an overview of the latest national data on health literacy, features of user-centered health information materials, and possible roles for librarians. 2) John Bramble led a panel discussion with Margaret Bandy, Roz Dudden, and Lenora Kinzie, on succession planning and what you can do to position your library to provide services well into the future. Click here to watch the archived session.
February 16, 2011
1) Barb Jones interviewed Arthur Culbert, Ph.D., President and CEO of Health Literacy Missouri on the importance and scope of health literacy in our communities. 2) Marty Magee, in highlighting the History of Medicine, hosted Stephen Greenberg from the National Library of Medicine to highlight information from NLM and 175th anniversary activities. Click here to watch the archived session.
January 19, 2011
1) Jean Shipman, Director, and 2) Claire Hamasu, Associate Director, describe what you can expect as the RML winds down from one contract and gears up for the next five years including funding, scholarships and new roles for Librarians. Click here to watch the archived session.