Breezing Along with the RML: RML Updates
|Topics on this page:|
What: 2012 - present Breezing Along with the RML Sessions
When: Third Wednesday of every month at 10 am MT and 11am CT
What: Two staff members from the RML or guests will present information on goals, activities, accomplishments, or resources. We may ask about your experiences or your opinions. We may encourage you to take action, offer a new service, or try a new technology. Every month will be different.
How: The updates are conducted using Adobe Acrobat Connect. To test whether you can view the session try playing back one of our archived versions. If you have problems contact Rachel Vukas or John Bramble, Technology Coordinators, to help trouble shoot your system.
Recording and Presentation: : Sessions are recorded, captioned and posted on this web page usually within one day of the session. Associated Power Point presentations are available upon request. Please direct your request through Marty Magee at firstname.lastname@example.org
Logging In: Go to https://utahntc.adobeconnect.com/mcr. Enter as a guest. Sign in with your first and last names. Follow the instructions in the meeting room to have the Adobe Acrobat Connect system call you on your telephone.
- March 19, 2014
- April 16, 2014
February 19, 2014
1) Business Communications: Library Style - The One Pager - Marty Magee - What can you do to help you and your library "stick" in peoples' mind. How about creating a quick one pager, identifying you, your skillset, and what services you offer? And when and where can you use this?
2) Resource Sharing: Jim Honour will be leading a discussion on best practices in resource sharing for those librarians who have an interest in interlibrary loan, document delivery and other library mediated information services. What best practices does your library use to ensure that health professionals and the public receive the health information they need in a timely and cost-effective manner?
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/tNmJm
January 15, 2014
"What Does it Mean to Be a Professional?" Does it mean you work in an office? OR Does it mean you have to dress up for work? OR Does it mean you have a higher degree? OR Does it mean youâre a salaried rather than an hourly employee? OR Do you have to be certified? Bring your ideas about what you think it means to be a professional and how we, as health sciences librarians, measure up. What implications does this have for us and if changes need to be made, what can we do about it?
View the archived recording at: http:ow.ly/sH3M8
December 18, 2013
Data Accuracy in Journal Abstracts: Implications for Informing Clinical Decisions presented by Dr. Raymond Sarmiento
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/rTufV
Audio is not available for this recording. Captioning script: Captioning Script for Breezing Dec 2013. (PDF format).
November 20, 2013
Libraries in Transition - a panel discussion with six library directors
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/r1rBn
October 16, 2013
Health Literacy through Pop Culture presented by Monica Rogers
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/pX9bn
September 18, 2013
1) Social Media lessons learned by the RML presented by John Bramble
2) Intro to the MCR Game "Mission I'mPossible" presented by John Bramble
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/oZIXp
August 21, 2013
1) Recap of the NLM- National Network Office virtualÂ "site visit" of July 17 presented by Claire Hamasu
2) The Affordable Care Actâ¦and You!, presented by Dana Abbey and Monica Rogers
No audio is available on this recording but captioning is present.
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/oMLyk
July 2013 - No Breezing session
June 19, 2013
1) Monica Rogers explained CHIS - Consumer Health Information Specialization
2) Claire Hamasu discussed NN/LM plans for Year 3 for the MidContinental Region .
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/mcliT
May 15, 2013
1) Medical Library Association annual conference recap by the RML team
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/l4gLc
April 17, 2013
1) Dana Abbey introduced two speakers on Systematic Reviews
2) Barb Jones led the Advocacy Bookclub group in discussing "Winning the Story Wars."
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/kbTtt
March 20, 2013
1) Betsy Kelly led a panel on Academic Library Data Collection
2) Barb Jones led a panel on Hospital Library Data Collection
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/jhMHT
February 20, 2013
1) Rachel Vukas led a panel discussion, and showed examples of different usages of LibGuides.
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/hXJvT
January 16, 2013
1) Jean Shipman, Director - MCR, and Claire Hamasu, Associate Director - MCR, led a lively discussion on Open Access - envisioning what it would mean in 2023, to librarians, to libraries, to our collections, and for our authors in academic and hospital institutions.
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/gTLQM
November 7, 2012
1) Monica Rogers, Health Literacy Coordinator, spoke with Denise Britigan, about Health Literacy Nebraska, the initiative, the web page (HLNE.org) and upcoming summit.
2) Rachel Vukas presented and facilitated a discussion on Breaking through the Barrier! - a report from the MCR Working Group on Hospital Library Internet Access.
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/f6J1J
October 17, 2012
1) Marty Magee facilitated Education librarians from NN/LM MCR Resource Libraries, as they shared what's new and cool and their libraries.
2) John Bramble continued the discussion held during the RML Session at the 2012 MCMLA Conference on social media methods that Network members are using to engage their users, followed by a discussion on how the RML can effectively engage members.
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/eytkU
September 16, 2012
1) Barb Jones presented the topic is Knowledge Management
2) Claire Hamasu and Barb Jones facilitated a discussion following the presentation with participants in the Knowledge Management Workshop of 2010 and discussed what is happening in your institutions and further strategies for how you can be be involved in this area.
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/dYwPw
August 15, 2012
1) Dana Abbey talked with Crystal Niedzwiadek, Youth Services Supervisor, about her role as the library's youth librarian and her desire to find ways to connect to teen library customers and aid in their healing process following a gunman's shooting in an Aurora movie theatre in July 2012.
2) Jim Honour presented Usage Trends for DOCLINE/Loansome Doc and reviewed benefits of using Loansome Doc and EFTS.
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/cZJM7
July 20, 2012
1) Betsy Kelly shared results of the Spring 2012 Survey
2) John Bramble led an overview of Year 2 technology class offerings
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/cNRn7
June 20, 2012
1) The RML staff presented updates from the Medical Library Association conference, held in Seattle in May 2012.
View the archived recording at: https://webmeeting.nih.gov/p38155019
May 16, 2012
1) Dana Abbey, Colorado and Health Literacy coordinator presented on MedlinePlus Connect
2) Rachel Vukas, Kansas and Technology coordinator presented on Social Media in Medical Libraries
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/aXrQv
April 18, 2012
1) Monica Rogers, introduced herself as Health Literacy Coordinator and interviewed Judi Bergjord, of Creighton University regarding Mayan Peer Educator project
2) Betsy Kelly. Assessment and Evaluation Coordinator presented information on use of the Logic Model
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/aD2vZ
March 21, 2012
1) John Bramble introduced Peter Jones, who works at Eccles Health Sciences Library and shared IPAD tips.
2) Jim Honour presented information on Promotional Materials, and EBooks from the NN/LM MCR.
View the archived recording at: https://webmeeting.nih.gov/p58328653
February 15, 2012
1) Marty Magee presented an update on Education topics including new trends and resources. PowerPoint presentation PDF of presentation
2) Barb Jones introduced Catherine Craven, who worked at the Welch Medical Library, Johns Hopkins, in the clinical librarianship program. View the archived recording at: https://webmeeting.nih.gov/p22711830
January 18, 2012
1) Jean Shipman, Director of the MidContinental Region and NLM Training Center, discussed potential futures for health sciences librarians and thus libraries.
2) Claire Hamasu, Associate Director, described current funding opportunities and discussed the MCR Communication Plan.
View the archived recording at: https://webmeeting.nih.gov/p43279624