Breezing Along with the RML: RML Updates
|Topics on this page:|
What: Breezing Along with the RML Sessions
When: Third Wednesday of every month at 10 am MT and 11am CT
What: Two staff members from the RML or guests will present information on goals, activities, accomplishments, or resources. We may ask about your experiences or your opinions. We may encourage you to take action, offer a new service, or try a new technology. Every month will be different.
How: The updates are conducted using Adobe Connect. To test whether you can view the session try playing back one of our archived versions. If you have problems contact Rachel Vukas or John Bramble, Technology Coordinators, to help trouble shoot your system.
Recording and Presentation: : Sessions are recorded, captioned and posted on this web page usually within one day of the session. Power Point presentations are available upon request. Please direct your request to Marty Magee at email@example.com
Logging In: Go to https://utahntc.adobeconnect.com/mcr. Enter as a guest. Sign in with your first and last names. Follow the instructions in the Adobe Connect meeting room to connect to audio through your phone.
- April 16, 2014
- May 7, 2014
- June 18, 2014
March 19, 2014
Clever Evaluation - Using existing data, combining evaluation with other project activities and enlisting the help of others in data collection.
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/uLmo2
February 19, 2014
1) Business Communications: Library Style - The One Pager
2) Resource Sharing: Best practices in resource sharing for interlibrary loan, document delivery and other library mediated information services.
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/tNmJm
January 15, 2014
"What Does it Mean to Be a Professional?" -Does it mean you work in an office? OR Does it mean you have to dress up for work? OR Does it mean you have a higher degree? OR Does it mean youâre a salaried rather than an hourly employee? OR Do you have to be certified?
View the archived recording at: http:ow.ly/sH3M8
December 18, 2013
Data Accuracy in Journal Abstracts: Implications for Informing Clinical Decisions presented by Dr. Raymond Sarmiento
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/rTufV
Audio is not available for this recording. Captioning script: Captioning Script for Breezing Dec 2013. (PDF format).
November 20, 2013
Libraries in Transition - a panel discussion with six library directors
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/r1rBn
October 16, 2013
Health Literacy through Pop Culture presented by Monica Rogers
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/pX9bn
September 18, 2013
1) Social Media lessons learned by the RML presented by John Bramble
2) Intro to the MCR Game "Mission I'mPossible" presented by John Bramble
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/oZIXp
August 21, 2013
1) Recap of the NLM- National Network Office virtual site visit of July 17 presented by Claire Hamasu
2) The Affordable Care Act and You!, presented by Dana Abbey and Monica Rogers
No audio is available on this recording but captioning is present.
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/oMLyk
July 2013 - No Breezing session
June 19, 2013
1) Monica Rogers explained CHIS - Consumer Health Information Specialization
2) Claire Hamasu discussed NN/LM plans for Year 3 for the MidContinental Region .
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/mcliT
May 15, 2013
1) Medical Library Association annual conference recap by the RML team
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/l4gLc
April 17, 2013
1) Dana Abbey introduced two speakers on Systematic Reviews
2) Barb Jones led the Advocacy Bookclub group in discussing "Winning the Story Wars."
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/kbTtt
March 20, 2013
1) Betsy Kelly led a panel on Academic Library Data Collection
2) Barb Jones led a panel on Hospital Library Data Collection
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/jhMHT
February 20, 2013
1) Rachel Vukas led a panel discussion, and showed examples of different usages of LibGuides.
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/hXJvT
January 16, 2013
1) Jean Shipman, Director - MCR, and Claire Hamasu, Associate Director - MCR, led a lively discussion on Open Access - envisioning what it would mean in 2023, to librarians, to libraries, to our collections, and for our authors in academic and hospital institutions.
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/gTLQM
November 7, 2012
1) Monica Rogers, Health Literacy Coordinator, spoke with Denise Britigan, about Health Literacy Nebraska, the initiative, the web page (HLNE.org) and upcoming summit.
2) Rachel Vukas presented and facilitated a discussion on Breaking through the Barrier! - a report from the MCR Working Group on Hospital Library Internet Access.
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/f6J1J
October 17, 2012
1) Marty Magee facilitated Education librarians from NN/LM MCR Resource Libraries, as they shared what's new and cool and their libraries.
2) John Bramble continued the discussion held during the RML Session at the 2012 MCMLA Conference on social media methods that Network members are using to engage their users, followed by a discussion on how the RML can effectively engage members.
View the archived recording at: http://ow.ly/eytkU