Yes, we have them!
For several years the NN/LM MCR has maintained a collection of more than 100 e-books focused on technology and library management topics. This year – we’ve increased our EBSCOHost (formerly NetLibrary) collection again by adding a few new titles:
- 101 Learning and Development Tools
- Business Cases for Info Pros
- Challenge of Library Management
- Cybrarian Extraordinaire
- E-journals Access and Management
- Health Literacy in Primary Care
- How to Thrive As a Solo Librarian
- Humor and Information Literacy
- Library Statistics for the Twenty-first Century World
- Licensing Digital Content
- Marketing Libraries in a Web 2.0 World
- PDQ Evidence-based Principles and Practice
- The Accidental Health Sciences Librarian
- The Secret of Teams
Books may always be read online by accessing them through the portal of our Training and Educational Opportunities webpage at: http://www.http://nnlm.gov/mcr/education/. You’ll also find a brochure here which you can print out and keep handy with a list of books in the collection.
AND there is more good news. Many of our books are now downloadable! Downloading to a PC or MAC will require setting up your personal EBSCOHost account and downloading Adobe Digital Collections. Instructions for downloading to all devices can be found at the EBSCOHost eBooks Support Center at: http://support.ebsco.com/ebooks.
To download an e-book over a wireless connection to an iPad, you will need to download Bluefire Reader. Instructions for downloading to an iPad can be found at: http://support.ebsco.com/knowledge_base/detail.php?id=5748
Checkout times have been set at a maximum of seven days. However, you may select a shorter number of days if you know you won’t be using a book that long. Doing this allows the book to be placed “back on the shelf,” so that someone else may check it out, as our license allows for one check-out of a book at a time. Individual users may download up to three books at a time.
Now, JUST READ!
-Marty Magee, Nebraska/Education Coordinator