Executive Presence: The Art of Commanding Respect Like a CEO is the book that has been selected for the next Advocacy Book Group. This book, written by
Harrison Monarth focuses on perfecting leadership communication skills, and then using these skills to influence how others perceive you and what your reputation is throughout the organization. Contents include how to:
- Accurately “read” people and predict their behavior
- Influence the perceptions of others
- Persuade those of opposing views to your side
- Create and maintain a personal “brand”
- Perform damage control when things go wrong.
Our group will meet on Tuesday afternoons from 3-4 CT, 2-3 MT in Adobe Connect room webmeeting.nih.gov/advocacy The group will run for four weeks, July 28 – August 18. Plan to attend if you have any interest in corporate communication and influence, or want to discuss ways to influence others about the value of your library and your services.
If you have any questions, contact Barb Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org or 573-884-5042. (bbj)