Webinar Series on the NIH Public Access Policy
- 1. The NIH Public Access Policy – Information for Librarians
- Date: Tuesday, August 19, 2014
- Time: 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM EDT
We will discuss the following topics:
- Review basics of the public access policy, and the role of librarians;
- Present the Public Access Compliance Monitor;
- Answer questions about the policy sent to us in advance via the online registration form;
- Address issues and questions raised during the Webinar.
- 2. The NIH Public Access Policy – Views from the Library Trenches
- Date: Tuesday, August 26, 2014
- Time: 3:00 PM – 4:30 PM EDT
You have heard the specifics of the NIH Policy. Now find out how librarians are responding to the need to get researchers up to speed on compliance with the policy. Join us to find out the following:
- What strategies librarians are using to support their communities. What’s worked; and what hasn’t;
- How to get started, and which groups to work with at your institution;
- What tools librarians can use to help researchers and improve compliance rates;
- How librarians can work with each other to improve outcomes.
This Webinar will feature presentations from three libraries with experience on the ground helping researchers with the NIH Public Access Policy, followed by a Q&A with the audience. The presenters will discuss their unique approaches in the trenches of supporting and providing outreach on the policy.
Space is limited, more information./da